46 Avenue Félix Viallet 38031 GRENOBLE Cedex
Site internet : http://
Maud Rio is an Associate Professor at Grenoble Alps University G-SCOP Laboratory, part of the Product Process Design Team. Maud’s research includes developing models and designing methods based on the approach of integrated design to boost environmental performance of product and processes in line with emerging technologies leading to new forms of consumption and production. She is currently the chief investigator of the PlayRoom Project (EcoSD network) on Life Cycle Assessments representations for product designers; scientific coordinator in supporting lifecycle models and impact indicators for glyco-based products, in the Cross-Disciplinary-Project Glyco@Alps (since 2017)/WP5 with glyco-economics. Past projects includes the IntéropèC project to support dynamic and flexible information exchanges between multi-disciplinary activities to practice ecodesign, the co-organisation of international Conference & Thematic Workshop of EcoSD network on Usage integration during design. Maud has co-authored a number of research paper and reports linked with developing methods and tools to integrate ecodesign practices in the productions systems. Increase designers proactivity during the design process of products and services is a key motivation in her research.
Maud is also a lecturer in Mechanical Engineering in IUT’s Mechanical and Manufacturing Technological School of Grenoble (GMP). She is currently the course coordinator for a range of engineering topics related to sustainability, eco-design and life cycle assessment (LCA). In addition, she supervises undergraduate, postgraduate, and master students in related fields, as well as co-supervises PhD students in integrated design.
Other responsibilities include international relationship coordinator for undergraduate students at the IUT GMP.
Prior to this role, Maud has worked two years as a research fellow at RMIT University’s Centre for Design and Society in Australia. She has completed her PhD in 2012 after being graduated in mechanical design engineering and sustainable development in 2009 from the UTT (France).
2017: Mauricio Dwek, Integration of Material Circularity in Product Design
Research Master Supervisions
- Mise en oeuvre de l'éco-conception dans l'industrie du semi-conducteur, Fatima-Ezzahra Mssous (Master Recherche Management, Innovation, Technologie, GI, Grenoble INP)
- Protocol to support the integration of the environmental dimension in design activities, Kamni Mohd Hisyamuddin (Master 2 Research in Mechanical Engineering, Univ. Grenoble Alpes)
- Dynamic linkage between DFAM processes and environmental life cycle models in the early design stages, Foteini Markou (co-supervision with As. Prof Frederic Segonds, Arts et Métiers ParisTech, Master of Science KIMP-Design and Manufacturing track)
- Mise en oeuvre d’une démarche d’éco-conception pour les TPE: méthode d’intégration de la dimension environnementale dans les processus de conception des Très Petites Entreprises, Amine Habbiche (Master Recherche Management, Innovation, Technologie, GI, Grenoble INP)
- Mise en oeuvre d’une démarche d’éco-conception pour les TPE: modèles des processus, outils et informations échangées entre les parties prenantes, Tong Zhao (Master 2 Research in Mechanical Engineering, Univ. Grenoble Alpes)
- Transform environmental evaluation results in decision making during the design process, Erica Capawa Fotsoh, (Master Recherche Management, Innovation, Technologie, GI, Grenoble INP)
mise à jour le 11 mai 2019